Due to the current COVID19 situation all Army HIVEs have been closed, however our staff continue to work from home and are available during office hours to answer your queries by email. Please do not try to phone us. If you want to ensure that you receive the very latest information including official Army COVID19 advice and guidance to Serving Personnel and their Families, please sign up using the ‘Follow by Email’ link. We abide by the Data Protection Act and you can withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every update email you receive.


Tuesday, 18 December 2018

Are You Moving Soon?

The 'Little Troopers At School' project objective is to educate schools, both primary and secondary, about the unique needs through circumstance of military children, as well as making easily accessible resources available to you, the parents.

Their aim is to ensure all military children get fair and consistent support within their education setting wherever that may be and for all circumstances, however many times they move schools.

CLICK HERE to visit the website, where you will find eight information sheets for parents, including a transition chit and a moving checklist 
(click to enlarge images below)

Friday, 14 December 2018

30 Hours Free Childcare - Update Your Details

Parents / Carers claiming 30hrs free childcare please remember to update your details before the year end. This needs to be done every three months via http://socsi.in/BSOCQ

Thursday, 13 December 2018

Transition Advice From Wiltshire Council

To read this leaflet online, CLICK HERE

Wiltshire College & University Centre

Wiltshire College and University Centre has a long association with the military and is a proud supporter of the Armed Forces Covenant.  Our staff recognise the many positive benefits that students from the military community can bring to their courses and fellow students.  A number of our tutors and support staff are from the military community and help to reinforce the close links we have established.

To find out more online, CLICK HERE

Turn2Us - Financial Support To Armed Forces & Veterans

If you are a serving member of the armed forces or a veteran, there may be benefits, grants or other financial support available to you and your family.
There are a number of military charities that provide support, each with their own set of eligibility requirements. Help may be available to you from one of these charities if you:
•Are still serving
•Are a veteran
•Serve or served as a regular or reserve, because of the Second World War or National Service
•Had a long or short period of service
•Are the partner, spouse, widow, widower or dependent child of someone who served
For further information on the website, CLICK HERE

Wednesday, 12 December 2018

Wiltshire Council Alcohol Awareness

A series of videos have been produced which tell the powerful stories of two Wiltshire Council employees and the impact alcohol has had on them and their family.

The videos were put together as part of the recent Alcohol Awareness Week to highlight the support available in Wiltshire for people struggling with alcohol.

To watch these videos online, CLICK HERE
Alternatively if you feel you need some support, 
CLICK HERE to visit the Turning Point Swindon & Wiltshire website

Friday, 7 December 2018

School Applications From Service Personnel Moving To Wiltshire

Applications for children of UK Service personnel with a confirmed posting within the County of Wiltshire, or Crown Servants returning from overseas to live in the County, will be considered in advance of the family moving into the County if necessary. Where possible, an application must be included in the normal admission round.

An official letter, such as a posting notice or letter of support from the Commanding Officer should be sent to Wiltshire Council as soon as possible. This should include the relocation date and unit address and should be sent to the local authority at the time of the application, or sent separately if you have submitted an online application.

It is not always possible to allocate places in popular schools so no school place can be guaranteed.

If your child will be starting school in September with the normal round of admissions, parents must complete the paper application form and attach proof of their posting to the county.

Applications for the normal admissions round can also be made online but please note that proof of address will need to be posted to Wiltshire Council and must be received by the deadline date in order to be considered.

Please note that if you do not yet know your new address Wiltshire Council have confirmed that they will accept the Barracks address.

If you have any queries you can contact the Admissions team via email admissions@wiltshire.gov.uk or via phone 
01225 713010.

To visit the admissions section of the Wiltshire Council website, CLICK HERE

Thursday, 6 December 2018

Military Discount - Contract Hire Vehicles

Please click image to enlarge

Wednesday, 5 December 2018

Service Children's Progression Alliance

The Service Children’s Progression (SCiP) Alliance is a partnership of organisations focused on improving outcomes for children from military families. It is funded by the Ministry of Defence (MoD).

Their mission is to support education practitioners to champion the progression of the children of military personnel, so that they can make informed and confident transitions through further and higher education into thriving adult lives and careers.

To read more online, including worksheets and resources available for you and your children,

Additional Needs & Disability - A Guide For Service Families

To view this guide online, CLICK HERE